Time passed by while no-one really cared about the busy board again….sometimes Kinga played with it a bit - but there was no point doing it. I wanted to also add the “official” diagrams of the gates (how much fun that is)….but when I was talking with my daughter - or I don’t know how I figured out that it could be a game… Simple game I’ll configure some binary logic using all the inputs…and the goal of the game is to make all the LEDs lit!
The idea This whole thing started around my first little daughter (Kinga) reached the age of one. My friend showed me some pictures of busy boards…and as an enthusiastic father I wanted to build one for my little one :) Concept The original concept was to install a relatively “big” modular stuff in the hall. Around this time I was already somewhat familiar with OpenScad - so I (designed it).
Long time…no post I really liked that I was making something which I will be able to look back into; I’ll try to start this over again…but it feels like I’m leaving a big gap behind…so I’ll try to collect some things happend since my last post… I usually written these on the bus going into work…but somewhere around I stopped writing these posts I became a Hive committer and eventually got into the Hive team - this caused a little bit to change life style to adapt to some meetings which were occured later/etc.
After finishing up with all the neccessary features on the breadboard I’ve stucked. There wasn’t really any reason why I slowed down…maybe the winter or the fact that I might order some crap; because my board design is flawed… Anyway…I’ve set some deadline for myself…wrote down some unmet requirements against it (like there should be some hole to mount it/etc)..and finished it. EasyEDA project:haut-generic2 I’ve ordered 3 pieces from a local pcb prototype lab (unipcb)
I’ve wanted to schedule the easier things to later; and after the pir/pwm came the tasks i assumed are easier. Connecting a standard ir reciever is not much an issue - usually; but no matter how i tried it, it just didnt work. I’ve kept circling after a while: check connection, check datasheet, check program, use different (remote/ir reciever/pin). I’ve even checked that the ir receiver works ysing an arduino uno…
I’m using raspberry pi boards as media center satelites to run openelec/kodi. Some features of this setup: installed directly behind the screen…essentially the hdmi port holds the board ethernet connection central mediadb => stop on device1, and continue on some other device feature I’ve hesitated to upgrade any of these devices: because they worked and i’ve read about rpi3 that it needs 3amps..but since i’ve needed an rpi board for the busyboard project; i’ve ordered one.
After the pir ride i’ve added the dht - that worked without any issues; the biggest problem was that i was sure i’ve connected it to gpio4…and in reality it was connected to 5…I now have large ESP12E module layout printed out - this will probably prevent mistakes like this. The fet needs pwm control…so I wanted to continue with that. Wiring it up was not much an issue.
I wanted to start moving my hardware features to the esp prototype… baby steps? I wanted to start with something simple…the PIR sensor is either gives signal or not - that’s simple enough ;) Because I want my new board to be pure 3.3v based - i had some issues that the sensor didn’t wanted to work with 3.3v. However…it turned out; that the board is in fact 3.3v based - and I’ve used a trick to skip the hc-sr501 ’s on-board regulator.
I’ve finished my planned home automation device’s prototype around 2-3 weeks ago…but it looked like I will almost sure will run out of flash space - and will loose ota update capability. While I was evaluating my options someone on #arduino have talked about an issue he is having with an esp…and it turned out that thing has more potential for me than I earlier thinked…I’ve already had an esp01 module in my ‘possibly usefull stuffs’ storage.
It helps a lot to organize my taughts - to simpliy just collect all my findings, ideas and such… One of my friends have showed me the idea of “busy boards”…and I’ve kept thinking on it ever since ;) Having the haut project in progress opens up the possibilities to integrate the busy board into the it….which will enable me to add real meaning behind the various switches and such…and possibly enrich the busy board from a static collection of switches doors and etc into a playfield where solving puzzles may switchon a light or anything….